Somfy Sonesse 50 RTS 120VAC Shade Motor Kit with Optional Components
The NEW Somfy Sonesse 50 ST50 Shade Motor is an ultra-quiet 120VAC motor designed for specific use with roller shades. The Sonesse ST50 motors are engineered with superior noise reduction technology and from a distance of 3 feet, are barely heard. The heavy duty Sonesse 50 motor is designed for tubes as small as 2" in
diameter and does not have any practical limits with respect to it use with roller shades.
The RTS version of the Somfy ST50 Motor is controlled via Somfy's RTS RF technology which offers the user single or group control as well as X10, Timer, RS232 Control etc. This is a simple, easy to use and easy to install solution for your shade motorization needs. The Somfy Sonesse 50 motor stores the limits set by the remote controls and memory is not lost when power is disconnected. The momentary press of a button you can command the shade to go to the Full up, Full Down and a customer specified preferred Position. No need to hold the button down and wait for the shade to reach the desired position.
Somfy Sonesse 50 ST50 RTS Roller Shade Motor Kit Specifications
• Operating Voltage 120VAC
• Normal Current Draw: 0.95A
• Torque: 4Nm
• Lift Capacity
- 2" Tube: 35.2lb
- 2.5" Tube: 28lb
• Motor Speed: 32 RPM
• Ultra-Quiet Operation : 44dBa
• Rubber Drive Provides Quite Operation
• Pre-Integrated Compatible with Somfy RTS RF Control Technology
• Star Head Design Locks into Brackets
• Removable Power Cords - Supplied w/ Open End No Plug
• Compatible with 2" and Larger Shade Tubes - Adapters May be Required
• Requirements for use - Not Included
- 120VAC Power
- RTS RF Remote
- 2" or Larger Roller Shade Tube
- Compatible Idler End Plug
- Somfy Motor and Idler Brackets
- Crown and Drive Adapter to Match Tube
- Overall: 31" L x 2.25" Dia.
- Insertion Dia.: 1.82"
- Tube insertion length: 30.125" App.
• Weight: App. 5.62lb
• Warranty 5 years
• Basic Kit Includes: Motor, Drive Stop and Power Cord
• Somfy Part # 1030065-Kit
Minimum Shade Width
- App. 32.75" Tube Length with 2" Idler # 9013592
- App. 34.75" Tip to Tip Including Brackets with 2" Idler # 9013592
- App. 35.75" Tube Length with Universal Idler # 9420800
- App. 37.75" Tip to Tip Including Brackets with Universal Idler # 9420800
• Crown and Drive Options
- Drive for 9206088 Hard Clip Drive for 2" Smooth Wall Tubes - Crown Not Required
- Rollease RTA6U50 Crown and Drive Kit for 2.5" Rollease Tubes
- Rollease RTA7U50 Crown and Drive Kit for 3.25" Rollease Tubes
• RTS Radio Frequency Remote Controls
- Telis 1 RTS Remote Control - 1 Channel Remote Control
- Can control numerous shade motors but they will operate simultaneously.
- Telis 4 RTS Remote Control - 5 Channel Remote Control
- Provides ability to separate motors onto 5 unique channels of control.
- You may group shade motors onto the same channel for simultaneous control.
• Somfy Star Head Motor Brackets
- Somfy 9410651 Star Head Motor Bracket with Angle Plate
- Somfy 9910021 Star Head Motor Bracket No Angle Plate
• Somfy 10mm Shaft Idler End Brackets
- Somfy 9410635 10mm Idler End Bracket with Angle Plate
- Somfy 9012657 10mm Idler End Bracket No Angle Plate
• Rollease Roller Shade Tubes
- Rollease RTEASW5T 2" Shade Tube with Tape Applied - 3 to 8 Foot & 105" +/- 0.25"
- Rollease RTEA6T 2.5" Shade Tube with Tape Applied - 3 to 8 Foot & 105" +/- 0.25"
• Idler End Plugs for the Shade Tube - Opposing Motor End of the Tube
- Somfy 9013592 10mm Collapsible Idler for 2" Smooth Wall Tube
- Somfy 9420800 10mm Universal Idler with 920688 Drive for 2" Smooth Wall Tubes
- Somfy 9420800 10mm Universal Idler and RTA6U50 for 2.5" Rollease Tubes
- Somfy 9420800 10mm Universal Idler and RTA7U50 for 3.25" Rollease Tubes
• Hem Bars:
- Rollease RCBIHB Internal Hem Bar - 2 Foot to 8 Foot & 105" Lengths
- Rollease HB12A External Anodized Aluminum Hem Bar Kit - 2 to 8 Foot & 105" Lengths
• Includes HBEC End Caps Both Black and Gray Colors and Hem Bar HBIS Adhesive Strip
• Misc. Items - Shade Tape 1/2" x 36yd Double Sided Tape
Component Spec Sheets & Information
* Projection distance is the distance from the mounting surface to the center of the tube. Divide your roll diameter in half to figure out which bracket you need. Somfy standard brackets have a 2.2" projection. If your roll diameter is 4" or larger you will need to create a custom bracket solution using the "No Angle Plate" motor and idler brackets. If you do not know what your roll diameter is you can calculate the roll diameter using the info below but you need to know your material thickness.
Calculate Your Roll Diameter
Circumference of Tube = Diameter of Tube X 3.1417
Height of Window Plus 12" = Total Material Height
Total Material Height divided by Circumference = Numbers of Wraps of Material
Number of Wraps of Material x Material Thickness x 2 = Total Added Thickness to Roll Diameter
Total Added Thickness of Roll Diameter + Tube Diameter = App. Roll Diameter with Material Rolled Up
Somfy Sonesse 50 with 2.5" Rollease Drive Installed
Somfy ST50 Motor with 2" Drive Installed
Somfy Sonesse 50 ST50 RTS Shade Motor Programming Instructions - PDF Document
View the Sonesse 50 ST50 Roller Shade Motor Installation Data sheet
Rollease External Hem Bar Instructions
Shade Installation Instructions - PDF