Somfy Sonesse 30 RTS 24VDC Shade Motor Kit with Optional Components
The NEW Somfy Sonesse ST30 Shade Motor is an ultra-quiet 24VDC RTS Radio Frequency motor designed for specific use with roller shades. The Sonesse ST30 motors are engineered with superior noise reduction technology and from a distance of 3 feet, are barely heard. The compact, low profile Sonesse 30 motor is designed for tubes as small as 1.5" in diameter and is the perfect motor for use where more advanced control is needed of the shades. Choose this motor where larger shades need to be lifted and where operation must be at their quietest levels. This shade motor is powered via 24VDC from a wall plug-in transformer or hard wired power supply.
Special Features - The ultra-quiet Somfy Sonesse ST30 motor can be configured for use with 1.5" Rollease Tubes or 2" Rollease Shade Tubes. The Sonesse 30 Motor is Radio Frequency based so you don't have to point the remote at it every time you want to control it. In fact you can control the shades in your living room from your bedroom completely wirelessly. The Somfy ST30 RTS motor stores the limits set by the remote controls and memory is not lost when power is disconnected. With the momentary press of a button you can command the shade to go to the Full up, Full Down and a customer specified preferred Position. No need to hold the button down and wait for the shade to reach the desired position. Each motor can be controlled by more than one remote control. The Somfy LT30 RTS is controlled via Somfy's advanced RF technology which offers the user simple individual or group control as well as a host of automation options like Timers, Sun Sensor, RS232 Control etc. The Sonesse 30 series shade motors also have adjustable rotation speed so you can closely match the speeds of other shades in the same room.
Can this motor be retrofitted to existing shades? Yes, this motor can be easily retrofitted to existing shades IF you have a clutch/chain driven roller shade on a 1.5" Rollease Shade Tube or 2" Rollease Shade Tube. The motors can be configured for use with either the Rollease R Series RB360, RB380, RB390 Brackets or Rollease Skyline Shade Brackets. Please compare your tube and brackets to the tubes and brackets we show.
Note: If you are using the skyline brackets you will need the SLAMST30 which is a ST30 to Skyline Adapter plate.
Somfy Sonesse ST30 RTS Roller Shade Motor Kit Specifications
• Operating Voltage 24VDC
• Normal Current Draw: 0.75A
• Torque: 2.0Nm
• Lift Capacity - Not Including Tube Weight
- 1.5" Tube: 17.6lb
- 2" Tube: 13.2lb
• Motor Speed: 28 RPM
• Ultra-Quiet Operation : 44dBa
• Standard RTS RF Control
• Compatible with Somfy RTS RF Control Technology
• Requirements for use - Not Included
- Motor Crown and Drive
- Power Supply
- RTS RF Remote
- 1.5" or 2" Rollease Shade Tube
- Rollease Shade Brackets
- Overall: 16.125" L x 1.75" Dia. - Insertion Dia.: 1.135"
- Tube insertion length: 15.625"
• Weight: App. 1.43lb
• Warranty 5 years
• Included Items: (Some Pictured Items Not Included)
- ST30 RTS Motor
- Detachable Power Cord
- Not Included: Motor Crown and Drive
• Somfy Part # 1001524-Kit
• Crown and Drive:
- For 1.5" Rollease Tubes - 9013775
- For 2" Rollease Tubes - Includes:
• Somfy ST30 to LS40 Adapter - 9013776
• Rollease LS40 2" Crown and Drive - RTA5LS40
• Power Supply
- 24VDC 0.75Amp White Power Supply w/Lead Terminated up to 10'
• RTS Radio Frequency Remote Controls
- Telis 1 RTS Remote Control - 1 Channel Remote Control
- Can control numerous shade motors but they will operate simultaneously.
- Telis 4 RTS Remote Control - 5 Channel Remote Control
- Provides ability to separate motors onto 5 unique channels of control.
- You may group shade motors onto the same channel for simultaneous control.
• Roller Shade Brackets
- RB360 1.5" Projection Zinc or White Color*
- RB380 2" Projection *
- RB390 2 7/8" Projection *
- SLB660 Skyline Brackets Set (Pair) * - Includes SLAMST30 Skyline ST30 Adapter
• Rollease Roller Shade Tubes (SOLD SEPARATELY)
- Rollease RTEA4T - 1.5" Shade Tube with Tape Applied - Product Link
- Rollease RTEA5T - 2" Shade Tube with Tape Applied - Product Link
• End Plugs for the Shade Tube - Opposing Motor End of the Tube
- REP53 End Plug for 1.5" Rollease Tubes and RB360/380/390 Brackets
- Skyline SLPE53 End Plug for 1.5" Rollease Tubes and Skyline Brackets
- Heavy Duty Skyline SLPEHD53 End Plug for 1.5" Rollease Tubes and Skyline Brackets
- REP53 End Plug & RA2 Adapter for 2" Rollease Tubes and RB360/380/390 Brackets
- HD Skyline SLPEHD53 End Plug & RA2 Adapter for 2" Rollease Tubes and Skyline Brackets
• Hem Bars (SOLD SEPARATELY)
- Rollease RCBIHB Internal Hem Bar - Product Link
- Rollease HB12A External Anodized Aluminum Hem Bar Kit - Product Link
• Misc. Items - Shade Tape 1/2" x 36yd Double Sided Tape
Note: If you select Skyline Brackets you must select a Skyline End Plug and vice versa. R Series Components (RB360, REP03, REP53) are not compatible with Skyline components.
Component Spec Sheets & Information
* Projection distance is the distance from the mounting surface to the center of the tube. Divide your roll diameter in half to figure out which bracket you need. If your roll diameter is 3" you will need the RB380 or RB390 brackets. Use of the RB360 would result in the shade rubbing the wall. If you do not know what your roll diameter is you can calculate the roll diameter using the info below but you need to know your material thickness.
Calculate Your Roll Diameter
Circumference of Tube = Diameter of Tube X 3.1417
Height of Window Plus 12" = Total Material Height
Total Material Height divided by Circumference = Numbers of Wraps of Material
Number of Wraps of Material x Material Thickness x 2 = Total Added Thickness to Roll Diameter
Total Added Thickness of Roll Diameter + Tube Diameter = App. Roll Diameter with Material Rolled Up
Somfy Sonesse ST30 24VDC RTS Shade Motor Programming Instructions - PDF Document
Somfy Sonesse ST30 Crown and Drive Options - PDF Document
Somfy Sonesse ST30 RTS Motor Head w/ Connections - JPG
Rollease External Hem Bar Instructions
Shade Installation Instructions - PDF
How to Fabricate a Roller Shade - PDF - Making the Necessary Deductions